What do we do?
The Traveller Education Service aims to:
- Raise awareness and understanding of the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities, culture and lifestyle so that schools, agencies and organisations can be more inclusive.
- Promote and facilitate improved access to educational opportunities among all Gypsy, Roma and Traveller families.
How do we do it?
Some of the ways in which the Traveller Education Service work with educational settings to achieve these aims are:
- Providing advice and support to schools.
- Supporting families with applications and educational processes.
- Supporting the induction of new arrivals and transition between key stages.
- Delivering 1:1 pupil support in school to support academic achievement.
- Assisting with home/school liaison.
- Offering professional development training on race equality, Gypsy, Roma and Traveller culture and lifestyle.
Hear what our schools say
Who are the Traveller Education Service?
Anna Acquah – Early Years & Vulnerable Family Liaison Officer
Jackie Cunniffe – Primary Advisory Teacher
Sandie Hughes – Secondary Advisory Teacher
Email the team: email@example.com