If you have previously been in the care of Sutton or live in Sutton and have been in care with a different local authority, then Sutton Virtual School is available to provide advice and guidance to support you in your education.
We can also provide support to your school and your parents/guardians
We can provide advice and guidance for anything education related and this may include:
- Advice on school admissions and transitions
- Advice related school policy, systems and processes
- Advice related to exam entries and results and applications to colleges and university
- Advice on trauma and attachment informed practice
- Pupil Premium funding guidelines
- Role of schools to support Previously Looked After Children
If you would like access this support please contact Kate Leyshon, Headteacher of Sutton Virtual School on 07515137705 email@example.com
Coronavirus (COVID-19) adoption support fund scheme to help vulnerable families
The Secretary of State for Education has announced that up to £8 million will be available for therapeutic support for families whose adopted children may have already suffered trauma and may be made more anxious owing to the uncertainty of the effects of the virus. Adoptive families will be offered emergency support including online counselling and couples therapy as the government expands the scope of the Adoption Support Fund to meet needs arising from the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Further details of this scheme can be found here: