What is a Virtual School?
The Virtual School acts as a local authority champion to promote the progress and educational attainment of Children Looked After (CLA) and Care Leavers (CL) so they achieve educational outcomes comparable to their peers. Ensuring that they receive a high quality education is the foundation for improving their lives.
The school does not exist in real terms, or as a building. Children do not attend it – they remain the responsibility of the school at which they are enrolled. Sutton Virtual School is an organisation which has been created for the effective co-ordination of educational services at a strategic and operational level.
What do we do?
- Influence policy and develop and improve services for CLA and CL.
- Promote individual achievement and wellbeing.
- Provide advice, support and training to professionals, schools, colleges and institutions.
- Improve access to specialist services.
- Provide access to professional advice and guidance on education, training and employment.
- Provide additional opportunities for out of school learning and leisure.
- Facilitate access to early education and child care.
How are we organised?
Sutton Virtual School comprises of a Virtual School Headteacher and the following positions:
Virtual School Assessment and Quality Assurance Managers
Track and monitor the progress of CLA on their case load, co-ordinating support to raise their attainment according to an assessment of their needs. They quality assure education and transition plan for all CLA modelling and sharing best planning practice.
Louise Roberts 07590807919 email@example.com
Moira Adams 07534539588 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Martin 07534528680 email@example.com
Helen Kay 07736338158 firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Spiller 07534525344 email@example.com
Virtual School Liaison Officer
To provide first point of contact for enquiries and maintain administration support for the service. To compile and maintain accurate data on pupil register, attendance and finance tracking PPG for CLA.
Karen Hopson 02087704220 firstname.lastname@example.org