Cognus’ Autism Service is an education support service focusing on supporting pupils of school age (4-18) with social communication difficulties or a diagnosis of autism to access education. This can include advice for specific students and their settings to become a more autism-friendly school.
Young people can also access a ‘one-off’ understanding diagnosis session to help them further understand what their diagnosis means to them. This is a free service delivered jointly with the Paving the Way team.
Support for parents/carers:
Parents can access free workshops run jointly with the Paving the Way team. These are repeated on a termly basis and cover a range of topics:
- Understanding autism/social communication differences
- Strategies to support communication
- Problem solving behaviour
- Sensory differences
- Access to services
- School strategies
- Emotions and anxiety
- Using Zones of Regulation to support understanding of emotions
- Explaining a diagnosis to your child
For more information about the Autism Service, please email email@example.com