Sutton’s Local Offer Website: for all your SEND information needs.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
• to provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available locally including education, health and social care
• to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, parents and carers, and service providers in its development and review
We continue to work together with children and young people, parent and carers, and with local services, including the voluntary sector, to develop our offer.
What can you find on the Local Offer?
Our website hosts content about the support people can access across education, health and social care for children and young people in the local area who have SEN or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
Whatever you need, we will guide you to the best place.
What does the Code of Practice say?
According to the Code of Practice 4.7 (CoP), the Local Offer must be:
• Accessible (we will avoid jargon and try to explain the meaning of complex terms)
• Comprehensive (users should be told what the criteria is for each service and how to access it)
• Up to date (we will review content and documents regularly. Pages are dated so users know when we updated last)
• Transparent (we will give clear instructions on SEND processes. Contact details will be provided where appropriate).
• Collaborative (we will involve parents, children and young people in developing the Local Offer.)
Samantha Clark – Local Offer Co-ordinator email@example.com