Cognus’ Sensory Impairment Support service supports children and young people up to 19 (and up to 25 years old for those with an EHCP) who have a hearing, visual or multi-sensory impairment.
The Sensory Impairment Service team work closely with parents in the early years, visiting babies and toddlers at home. When pupils start school, we continue to visit and advise staff.
Support for schools and educational settings:
- Information and general advice on Sensory Impairment
- Specific advice regarding individual pupils
- Training for staff
- Enabling strategies for pupils
- Functional visual assessment of individual pupils
- Advice regarding additional equipment for sensory impaired pupils in the classroom
- Advice regarding the school environment and specialised equipment
- Advice regarding IEPs or SEN Support Plans, and target setting
- Advice regarding examination concessions
- Advice regarding modification strategies for SATs and GCSEs
- Direct teaching for mobility and independence in school setting
For more information, please contact a member of our team below.
Miranda Ormesher, Sensory Impairment Service Coordinator QTVI, Registered Habilitation Specialist
07534 525164 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Louissa Nicola, Teacher of the Deaf
07713 484842 or email@example.com
Please leave a message on our voicemail and we will get back to you within three working days during term time.