Cognus’ Sutton Music Service works to implement the aspirations of the National Plan for Music Education (2011). The service’s vision is to help every young person in Sutton to make, be inspired by, and celebrate the music they love.
Sutton Music Service provides guidance and support to develop Music Education within schools. Our specialist curriculums make a genuine contribution to the personal development of pupils, providing them with a rich experience and an opportunity to develop their talents and interests.
Sutton Music Service provides:
- Whole-Class Ensemble Tuition (WCET) – a first access music project where pupils learn the same instrument for a year. Pupils work with specialist instrumental tutors and learn through performance.
- Peripatetic Vocal & Instrumental Tuition – specialist Sutton Music Service tutors provide one to one, paired, and small group lessons to pupils during the school day. The whole programme is administered by the music service, and parents pay directly for their son/daughters’ tuition.
- Affordable Instrument Hire – the Music Service hires a range of instruments to pupils across borough.
- eLearning – for primary schools, we provide free access to Charanga Music School. For secondary schools, we provide free access to Focus on Sound Pro.
- CPD – we host a range of training opportunities throughout the year to support the development of our colleagues in schools.
- Performance opportunities – we invite schools to join us for a range of performances across the year.
- Borough ensembles – pupils can access our high-quality bands, choirs and orchestras to develop their performance opportunities and musicianship.