Cognus’ Traveller Education service work across Sutton (and in collaboration with Merton) to make sure education settings support those with traveller heritage to access and fully engage with services available to them.
We also aim to raise awareness and understanding of the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities, culture and lifestyle so that schools, agencies and organisations can be more inclusive.
Some of the ways in which the Traveller Education service work with educational settings to achieve these aims are:
- Providing advice and support to schools.
- Supporting families with applications and educational processes.
- Supporting the induction of new arrivals and transition between key stages.
- Delivering one-to-one pupil support in schools to support academic achievement
- Assisting with home/school liaison
- Offering professional development training on race equality, Gypsy, Roma and Traveller culture and lifestyle
See what some of the schools have said about our Traveller Education service (link to video).
For more information, email email@example.com or contact one of the team below
Anna Acquah, Early Years & Vulnerable Family Liaison Officer: 07736338475
Jackie Cunniffe, Primary Advisory Teacher: 07736338359
Sandie Hughes, Secondary Advisory Teacher: 07736338356