Here are some websites with Early Years maths activities:
Here are some other ideas you could try at home:
- Go on a number hunt! Look for numbers in the environment (doors, number plates)
- Help sort the washing by matching socks, groups of items or ordering from largest to smallest items
- Help weigh out fruit and vegetables when shopping, or counting the number of items
- Cooking is a great activity as involves lots of weighing, measuring and introduces time!
- Use small world and construction toys to build towers, making enclosures for animals and begin to introduce counting, grouping, categorising and comparing quantities
- Try physical activities such as hopscotch, jumping in puddles and playing games such as ‘What’s the time Mr Wolf?’
Here for you
If you’d like more ideas or advice to support reading for the child that you’re fostering, feel free to contact Sara Martin, Early Years and Primary Specialist at Sutton Virtual School on email@example.com.